UPVC cold air leak + who make my windows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello people!

Ive taken two pictures of my windows below, one outside and one inside with me pointing to where the air is coming from.

I think the air is coming in because the windows are quite a large span, there is a closing lever at the bottom to pull the bottom of the window in but nothing to pull it in at the top!

I've been told to use window wedges to pull them in but i can't find any that fit, i got some cheap online but they were not a great fit. Apparently if i new the manufacture of my windows that would help but i dont and there is no manufactures stamp anywhere on the plastic!!

I just dont know what to do, i moved in this house last winter and i have about 14 of these windows gushing in cold air, i dont want to go through that again this winter.

cheers

gyJosxa.jpg

as
ymVV4th.jpg

Sponsored Links
Cant help with the make. They are externally beaded so probably discontinued and around 15+ years old (although they do look unusually tidy for that sort of age).
Do also make sure the hinges are clean and the top corners (triangle bits in the corners) are greased a bit.

Your probably just going to have to try multiple makes of closing wedges. These might be worth a go:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-Sets-S...hash=item2c52973c63:m:mNjzaBQvBxikLxJR18SplOA

Get a couple in each stack height

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Look like Thyssen profile to me. Was this a new build, would explain why it's external beaded plus the trickle vent.

Closing wedges are the only way to go though with such a wide sash

Sponsored Links
Look like Thyssen profile to me. Was this a new build, would explain why it's external beaded plus the trickle vent.

Closing wedges are the only way to go though with such a wide sash

Hi Crank39,

The house is 18 years old and the windows have been in since new, i just replaced the handles from brass colour to white.

Is there any way to check if it is a Thyssen profile and would that help finding closing wedges?

thanks for you input

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back