Upvc door finishing trim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Around the front UPVC door there is an internal trim which has gotten abused a fair bit. I'm currently redecorating the whole porch and want to remove this trim to replace it with fresh. It has been placed over the old paper.

It appears to be glued to the Upvc frame, what can I use to remove it?

20221108_195926.jpg

(Trim on the right)

Thanks
Louis

Sponsored Links
looks like a 40/45mm trim .. if its been superglued to the frame then unfortunately whatever you do will leave some of it on the frame, and the only way i can think is to either try a blade , or use a paint scraper in the joint and knock it off

looks like a 40/45mm trim .. if its been superglued to the frame then unfortunately whatever you do will leave some of it on the frame, and the only way i can think is to either try a blade , or use a paint scraper in the joint and knock it off
Thought that might have been the case! Aslong as it's not moulded into the door that's fine.

I've actually already removed a section and I'm glad I have as there's a big gap behind it that's letting cold air through. If needs be ill multitool it as I'll be replacing it anyway and can fit one over the top.

Sponsored Links
I use leaver and break those off. Often break as superglue is hard and welded to upvc.
Mask frame and fill with foam.
Fill with toupret powder filler.
If big. Foam. Plasterboard strip
Fill smooth.
So many are a right bodge up with huge gap letting in cold air and water in some cases.
Masked up and foamed around many times.
Also fitted new upvc strip to cover superglue mess with polymer grap or silicone..

I use leaver and break those off. Often break as superglue is hard and welded to upvc.
Mask frame and fill with foam.
Fill with toupret powder filler.
If big. Foam. Plasterboard strip
Fill smooth.
So many are a right bodge up with huge gap letting in cold air and water in some cases.
Masked up and foamed around many times.
Also fitted new upvc strip to cover superglue mess with polymer grap or silicone..
Using a multitool was the one, then used a sharp scraper to get the rest off.

The gaps are terrible, just a shame when people do jobs like this! Ill be foaming and filling the whole area.

B&q have metal foam gun for £10 but it's in the building section. Might cost more now but still cheap.
Other guns at decorating section but not good valve.
That. Form plus can of foam cleaner. Run plenty of foam cleaner through gun before you store.
I leave foam can on gun for a months though and fine.

Risk of damage with multi tool. I can't risk that in customer houses

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back