Upvc door handle drooping?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, basically at my mums the back door handle seems to not spring back up when you let go.

This is forcing the latch to stay open due to the weight of the lever handle drooping and opening the door, unless you lift the lock to activate the bolts and the door stayes closed.

Basically will a new handle solve this? i.e. are upvc handles sprung? or will the lock/latch be buggerd?

Sponsored Links
My Everest uPVC handles are sprung. The springs fail and they droop. They have since changed design.

James. Different manufacturers have different designs. Take the 2 x handle screws off and remove the inside handle. Is there a small plastic gizmo with springs in it anywhere? If not, the problem would appear to be in the lock block (the operating mechanism for the door) and is a common failing in older doors due to use. Alls not lost though ;) there are loads of co's offering replacement lock systems eg http://www.dgsupplyline.co.uk, its just whether the age of the door justifies this solution. Good luck, Kev

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back