UPVC Door handle/Lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My door has the regular handle that can open the door from either side and the locking mechanism has deadlocks. What I want is a handle/lock combination that can be opened from inside with the handle and outside with the key only. Is it possible to get this type of handle that wil still engage the deadlocks?

Sponsored Links
Yes is possible known as L/pad or split spindle :D but the lock its self must be capable of doing this.No good buying handles if the lock is does not have this function. :(

Good Luck

p.s. before you ask dont know if your lock is capable would need pics or very detailed description. ;)

I actually get requests from customers to change FROM this combination, as they are fed up with locking themselves out!

Does the mechanism have any manufacturer markings on the faceplate ?. Exactly what combination of hooks/bolts/mushrooms/rollers does it have - start from the bottom up and describe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back