UPvc Exterior door, non standard sizes???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My UPvc back door needs replacing on my house built around 1970's.

I looked on line and found loads of different door designs and they appeared to be in a number of standardized sizes.

I measured the door and find it to be an unusual size. The height is 2040mm which appears to be a normal size but the width is 840mm which I can't seem to find.

These measurements are from the brickwork opening in which the door casing sits.

Is this unusual? Have the standardized sizes for doors changed over the last 50 years or so?

Any info greatfully received.

Sponsored Links
Suppliers will supply you one made to measure. They are all made to measure in reality other than those who have them in stock like B&Q.

Come across this all the time, any door or window already in stock and on the shelf will probably have been made to 'metric' sizes, no good at all if your openings are imperial.

My advice is knock the ready made stuff of the head, you rarely know the true quality your getting i.e make of plastic, type of lock and your stuck with the glass/panel designs they've chosen not you

Get yourself a made to measure door from a local fabricator, supply only will knock a hell of a lot off the price if you can fit yourself, i recently fitted a pvc into my neighbours garage side door, i paid £288 for a 900mm x 2100mm eurocell door, stippolite laminated glass in the top (mega expensive for those in the know) and a trespa reinforced panel in the bottom

Sponsored Links
Come across this all the time, any door or window already in stock and on the shelf will probably have been made to 'metric' sizes, no good at all if your openings are imperial.

My advice is knock the ready made stuff of the head, you rarely know the true quality your getting i.e make of plastic, type of lock and your stuck with the glass/panel designs they've chosen not you

Get yourself a made to measure door from a local fabricator, supply only will knock a hell of a lot off the price if you can fit yourself, i recently fitted a pvc into my neighbours garage side door, i paid £288 for a 900mm x 2100mm eurocell door, stippolite laminated glass in the top (mega expensive for those in the know) and a trespa reinforced panel in the bottom

Thanks for the reply :D

I can fit it myself so i'll try as you suggested and contact some local manufacturers,

Hello, just ordered a door from these guys online ..

I live in an old cottage , so the shed opening door being replaced is a non standard quaint 1830mm x 760mm Turning the shed into living accom opening etc..

Waiting for it to arrive, so I'll let you know how I get on with it, as it's a first plastic door I've fitted. Done a few hardwoods before so hoping this will be nice n easy. :)

But a few places online, couldn't manage with the small sizes, and these seemed the most helpful .

Theres a gap in the market on the net for a firm that could advertise for genuine any size upvc doors, or who could offer a small upvc door section.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back