UPVC flush casement windows best brand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a good UPVC flush casement window to replace a heritage wooden flush casement window. Looking for the best brand in terms of quality and authenticity.

Sponsored Links
I think residence 7 or 9 are one of the best timber alternative windows on the market.

agree. fitted a few r7 and r9 and never had an issue
47573006_2113500185381621_305651828656177152_o.png
50574821_2188019504596355_8663665501001482240_n.png
53607334_2263170247081280_898765363167100928_n.png

R9 definitely top of the list for ticking all the heritage style boxes.
Deceurnick are good
Liniar standard flush sash are good, Their new Resurgance window could be an improvement on R9 with a double rebated flush sash. Its new so I would like to see it in person a bit more first.

Sponsored Links
I don't have a remotely heritage house, just a 50's bungalow with anthracite UPVC outward opening windows. But recently it bothers me that it's obvious they are standard UPVC, and flush windows would have looked so much smarter. :(

Would someone mind estimating me a price for mine in a flush style, if for no other reason than to convince me it would have been far too expensive?!

For the cheaper makes it would have added about 30-40% to the material cost prices, So probably around 20% to the overall fitted price.
R9 would have been about 2.5-3x the price

I've got Deceurnick and they seem a very well made window, you can have mitred finish as Gods white frame photo, or graff (spelling?) welded which look like the joints are butted-up close, instead of those big nasty 45° welds at the window corners
I had graff welded, from memory they were around £350 per window. 1m square.

Fitted both R9 and Deceuninck, Gazman has hit the pricing pretty much right, R9 are the top end of the market but the Deceuninck are also a good window with a great choice of colours. @Mr Chibs are you sure that the ' graff welded ' are actually welded ?, as our suppliers version of a Deceuninck flush sash ' butt ' joint are mechanically jointed, don't get me wrong looks much more like authentic wood windows but does add to the cost yet again

I'll post a pic later, you can tell me.(y) I hear a little bit of knowledge is dangerous! hahaha

If it is welded i'll be quite interested as i do think the ' butt ' joint looks better, cheers for getting the picture

Some factory's do mechanical join some do "Timber Weld"
For Decerninck if you have mechanical join then its only the external done that way, Internal is the standard 45 degree weld for strength (otherwise you have to bond the glass like R9 do).

Timberweld is the newish system that give mechanical joins with all the strength of a traditional weld, Can be used on most makes of flush sash windows I believe:
https://timberweld.co.uk/

I really should read the trade magazines I've got stashed under my desk ... I might have known about Timberweld then lol

For the cheaper makes it would have added about 30-40% to the material cost prices, So probably around 20% to the overall fitted price.
R9 would have been about 2.5-3x the price

Thanks, wish I had gone with it now! The non-flush, very noticeable corner welds are a bit of a disappointment. Although 4 years ago I didn't know any better...

A mechanical join or timber weld would have been a bit extra on top of those rough prices. Somewhere around an extra £5-10 per corner/weld.
To be honest I don't know what the "timber weld" costs. Its a license and machines a factory would have to buy in as an extra

I really should read the trade magazines I've got stashed under my desk ... I might have known about Timberweld then lol

Should have gone to the fit show mate, They had the machines all set up and working there as well as several other new cool things coming out.
The system has been out for a couple of years now I think but lots of factory's offering it now on many makes of window.

I too have a massive stack of trade magazines to read through when I get time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back