UPVC French doors on a slope

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm replacing our garage door with UPVC French doors.

The bit under the doors is concrete (the edge of the garage floor) and has a slope to let water run away to a drainage channel in the driveway. So it slopes down away from the garage.

The slope is only about 15cm wide, but this is the exact location that the doors will go.

Will I be able to fit the French doors on this sloped area?

How should I measure the height of the opening? To the top of the slope? Or the middle?

Sponsored Links

Will the bottom sill of the French doors sit OK on the slope? Or do I need to somehow raise/flatten the slope?

The back edge of the cill will sit on the concrete, the front will need supporting possibly on a mortar bed

Sponsored Links
If this is part of a garage conversion then surely the floor will have insulation etc - raising the cill height accordingly?

Also if a garage conversion building regs will probably want a footing under the door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back