uPVc french doors toe / heeling packer spacer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Only fitted about 6 pairs and always have alignment problems.

Firm supply only 2 types of blue packer/spacer

I thought the slimmer of the two fitted in the space between the beading ridge and frame and the other spans it (sitting on it) providing there is enough clearance around the unit for both

My superior? insists on just putting the wide one in alone,
this tilts because it is sitting soley on the beading ridge and making fitting the beading a nightmare because all the unit weight is crushing the gap the bead needs to clip under at the packing points.

I'm sure there should be a greater range of packers, to allow for toe/heeling when there is limited unit/frame clearance.

He wastes hours screwing ONLY the top grub screw on the hinge
Convinced that this pushes the door in and out.

Is there any difinative action advised

Sponsored Links
Oh yes, you should always have a bridge packer ( the one that takes up the ridges in the profile) then any combination of sized packers there after.

You coulds always use an auto packer....

Work003.jpg

Work004.jpg

Goes in the head of a door leaf and comes thru the euro groove outside so you can adjust with out removing glass... I have a few if your interested....

Absolutely fanbloodytastic as ever

thanks brickie

Just one question, I've got to know

Why is the chair leg in a bucket of water?

Sponsored Links
I havent got a clue mate, t'was like that when I went to the house. I didnt ask him why either

What system to you use? As in profile, Rehau, Kommerling, Duraflex?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back