UPVC Locking System Drive Corners

mix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m new to the site so forgive me if this has been posted before or if my terminology is incorrect.
I have a ‘tilt and slide’ patio door with a broken locking system. The doors has regular sliding bolts on all four sides, at present the handle and key lock edge is the only one that actually actuates the sliding bolts on that side of the door only.
On investigation, it appears the drive corners are the problem. The thin flexible metal strip that runs in a channel to push and pull the next set of sliding bolts has snapped on each of the drive corners.
Is it possible to get these repaired or replaced or even get hold of the type and size of flexible metal strip to make the repair myself. So far I have not seen any manufacturers name anywhere on the door or locking gear.

Sponsored Links
Likely the id markings will be on the mechanism, and not the door. If you don't want to call someone out, you'll need to take the mechanism off yourself, and these doors are bloody heavy - deglazing is often the best route before attempting to remove the door. I'd suggest leaving it to a pro - try one of your local locksmiths or upvc repairers.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. Ive had the door off a couple of times, also the whole mechanism but Im pretty sure there are no manufacturers marks. This would probably be the first question from any repair source so I may be scuppered on that route. It would be fairly easy to repair if I could get some of that flexi metal strip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back