Tilt&Slide Patio Door-Gear Lock Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm looking for some advice on replace the lock drive to my tilt & slide patio door.
Operating the open/tilt/close functions using the door handle has been troublesome for a while so yesterday I removed the handle, heard something fall to the bottom inside of the door unit.
When I loosened the side strip and pulled it from the door to look at the lock, the whole center part is now missing (the spindle now goes into an empty round hole and isn't connected to anything.
I can't close the door.

I've now ordered a replacement lock and need to know how to adjust the top and bottom cam pins into a central position before I fit the new lock?

I had to place a mirror on the floor and take a picture of the reflection to even locate the 1 at the bottom.
It doesn't look central inside the groove, it's in solid so how do I move it?

Thanks in Advance.

Sponsored Links
My advice is get a service engineer/double glazing doctor in, even for the experienced tilt n slides, tilt n turns are a real pain in the arse, you may even struggle to fins a service engineer that will touch it

Just an update, my new lock arrived today and I've just fitted it. All back in perfect working order.

Thanks for the input.
Danni... :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back