tilt and slide door seems to come off the hinge at the bottom... HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a tilt/slide balcony door. The one in which you turn the handle 90 degrees, and the top of the door tilts inwards to give ventilation. Turn the handle 180 degreed and the door pulls out and slides.
Earlier today the door was stiff sliding open so I pulled it a little too hard.
When I closed the door again I noticed it sounded as if a window was open. On further inspection I noticed there was a gap along the bottom side of the door where it closes. The door handle also wont lock downwards into its normal position completely.
Please tell me there is some way of fixing this without having to pay for someone to fix it??

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Hi,
slide the door and try to turn the handle several times.
How about the hardware warranty ? Can you read the logo ?

Tilt and Slides are potentially lethal in my opinion!! , there is normally a tab for locking on one of the lock plates , which may need pushing in to move the handle to its correct postion. It is also entirely possibly it is not running on its track and could need lifting back on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back