Tilt and Slide door problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!

I found my new tilt and slide door got stuck.

I have two tild/slide doors, each slides to one side, and closing togehter in the middle joining each other. Now one got stucked, they just looked closed, but both cannot be opened.

The problem door's top is closed fine, and looked normal. But the bottom of the door is not closed and not fitted into the correct place, see attached picture.

So the problem door's handle is at 12 o'clock, and cannot be moved/turned, so it wont tilt. The other doors handle and be turned to 3 o'clock, but the door will not tilt because the problem door is blocking it.

Has anyone seem similar issue? Or know how to fixed it.

Any comments will be much appreciated, and also advice on who could help in this case(locksmith? Builders). Thanks!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Help!

I found my new tilt and slide door got stuck.

Any comments will be much appreciated, and also advice on who could help in this case(locksmith? Builders). Thanks!!

In 25 years I've never seen a pair of tilt n slides that close together, it a new one on me, you say they are new so why not get the installer back to sort out, could potentially void some areas of the warranty if a third party touches it

Never seen them like this either. One tilt and slide is bad enough but I bet the metal rod at the bottom has come out of the socket, it's only held in with a small grub screw

They are completely new, and I have no idea who installed them. Becuase it is a new built flat, and everyone in this development have the same balcony doors... There will definitely be lots of problem with these doors in this building in the future...

I will get definitely ask the developer to check and fix this.

So there is nothing I can do? I could not push the lower part into the correct position, and could not drag/tilt the top part out :(

Sponsored Links
Looks like a lovely house! Do not touch them yourself! Get the developer to sort it!
As others have said I have never seen anything like this and its a recipe for a lifetime of problems. (Bloody architects!)

When they come out try to get hold of details of who made them and who installed them. You are going to need these numbers alot in the future when the warentee expires I would bet.

I'd like to see a photo of the flying mullion set up and see what sort of locking mech is used to lock the 2 together, interesting set up but as said above this won't be the end of the problems

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back