UPVC vs Old Aluminium double glazed windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Quick question I hope someone can shed some light on.

I have just bought a bungalow which has old aluminium framed double glazed windows. They are probably 20 years old if not more.

Are new UPVC frames and modern glass a lot more efficient with regards to keeping heat in and noise out?

I am wondering whether it is worth the expense of replacing the windows at this time.

Many thanks

Neil

Sponsored Links
Are new UPVC frames and modern glass a lot more efficient with regards to keeping heat in and noise out?
You won't even noticed but will say the noise reduction may slightly improves being thicker double glazing

I am wondering whether it is worth the expense of replacing the windows at this time.
Not really, my aluminium windows are 29 yrs old and still looks new, the average life of upvc windows are 20-25 yrs, wooden windows goes on forever ;)

It really depends, 20 years ago some aluminium windows were good and some were absolute poo! Can you post a a pic?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back