UPVC White Woodgrain soffit and sill cover?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon,

I want to replace the current White upvc woodgrain arch used on my windows to make good with something that will cover the full window recess and meet the wall arch yet to be installed. While I'm at it I want to also replace the arch used on the sill and replace that with a woodgrain capping board / sill cover.

I've found places online that sell woodgrain soffit utility and capping boards roughly in the sizes I'm looking for, but I'm conscious of spending the money on delivery to find that that suppliers' colour may not match the woodgrain foiled windows.

My question is, is there anywhere well known that stock this type of thing which I can go and compare? I've checked online in the main retailers and local merchants but they only tend to do the basic gloss upvc stuff.

Where do the fitters tend to go for this; and from experience does the colour vary from supplier to supplier?

IMG_7158.JPG

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Eurocell, most towns and cities have a branch or two, other than that it's independent building plastics suppliers, post a picture of the woodgrain you want to match and we'll tell you what you have

Cheers Crank39,

I've had a look on the Eurocell site and I think it's the White Ash.

Weirdly they have the size (150mm x 9mm x 5m) I'm after in their brochure in that finish, but not available to buy online. I'm going to give the local shop a call tomorrow. To be honest there doesn't seem a great deal available online in White Ash but it's widely available in their brochure and marked as stocked.

This is an off cut of what is on now.
IMG_7216.JPG

Underside
IMG_7217.JPG

This is the window finish (internal and external)
IMG_7218.JPG

Yep that's ash white, in the 150mm size you quoted it's probably listed as utility board or flat board, pop into eurocell and they'll order it for next day, they keep a good stock usually but ash white is quite rare I've found

Sponsored Links
Do you know the make of the windows?
I know for certain that Eurocells white ash is very yellow compared to Eco Slide windows (thats defiantly not the make of your windows though).

Pop into Eurocell as mentioned and ask for an offcut or buy a length of small trim to compare

Hi Gazman16, sure they are Quickslide sliding sash windows.

Biggest mistake I ever made ha! Terrible experience...but that's another story.

I don't use Quickslide so cant help with color match. Have you tried an email to them?

Thanks Gazman16, I had a bad experience with them so would prefer to never contact/use them again.

Can I ask another quick question please. The double sided foam tape used to secure down the boards. Is this the same thing as glazing tape?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back