Internal Window Sill - What to do!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all....
I have a newly plastered window sill (and new window).
The sill is just a bare plastered recess.
I've looked at plastic covered mdf rounded edge board which is 25mm thick and I like it. The problem is that if I use this type of cover, the 25mm thickness will cover most the the bottom of the actual window upvc frame making it look wrong (see attached).
I've also looked at the 9mm upvc sill cover but this has a rounded edge that is suppose to cover an existing wooded sill and if I used this, i'd have a side view of the sill looking right through the curved edge. I don't think it comes with end caps.
Is the 1st option the normal way to fit the sill?
Any advice would be very helpful.
Thank you
Andy

Attachments

• sill.jpg
    sill.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 260
Sponsored Links
9mm capping board does come with end caps

Yes you can get both round or square edge board and end caps for both.
If you go for wood-grain effect you may not be able to get matching wood-grain endcaps though. Just flat plastic in a similar colour and fitting them neatly is a skilled art.

Or if you have a little money to burn there is
http://decoramouldings.com/topsill/

Probably around 3x the price of PVC but is really nice

Sponsored Links
I have used natural slate tiles in my house in some rooms, looks great in my opinion. A 600x300 tile cut lengthways is enough for a 1.2m x 15cm sill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back