How do I Replace a UPVC Window Sill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here is my proplem.
We are going to have the front upper half of our house weatherboarded using Marley Cedral planks but our existing upvc window sills only protrude 50mm from the wall and the weatherboard protudes 58mm.

The sill will need to overhang the weatherboard, so what are my options?

I thought of going over the top of the existing sill with a UPVC Facia board but was told that it would cover up the small hidden vents that stop the condensation between the glass!

Replacing the sills is a to bigger and expensive job!

Sponsored Links
Have some powder coated metal sill drip extenders made. These could perhaps be made thin enough not to interfere with the window gutters.

Other than that, you would have to remove the window to access the sill and replace wholesale with a deeper sill.

Incidentally, the pre-drilled window drain holes that drain at the window - sill junction are not to prevent the units from steaming up, rather they are to drain any driven rain that hits the glass and runs behind the seals.

try your local branch of eurocell or roplas for over boards they stock a 3mm fascia board which is thin enough to fit on top of the existing cill and underneath the front edge of the frame thus not interfering with drainage channels ive used them in past and do work and not expensive

Sponsored Links
try your local branch of eurocell or roplas for over boards they stock a 3mm fascia board which is thin enough to fit on top of the existing cill and underneath the front edge of the frame thus not interfering with drainage channels ive used them in past and do work and not expensive

I have looked through there catalogue but cant find anything suitable, can you send me a link on what you mean?

you may have to ring them up there is nothing in their brochure, ask for 3mm window board or reveal liner I know my branch stock it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back