UPVC window and wall - gap/coming away from each other

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks - hope everyone is well. I've had a look through some other posts but can't quite find one which fits my issue exactly, so thought I'd reach out.

I've a gap around one side of our UPVC windows in a recently purchased house; where it is coming away from the wall. It is not only a gap but there is movement too. For example, downward pressure makes the upvc frame come further away from the wall. There is no rain coming in or any breeze etc. I'd really just like it to be sturdy to ensure it can take some pressure.

I'm not very experienced so I'm essentially looking for some guidance on whether a fairly basic fill/seal would do or if it requires a bigger fix.

Any help, thoughts and/or questions for further clarity would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

PXL_20211111_130021550.jpg
PXL_20211111_130021550.jpg
PXL_20220103_113731425.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20220103_113752114.jpg
    PXL_20220103_113752114.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 48
Sponsored Links
That sill is completely lacking in proper support underneath it. One possible solution, might be to drill a few holes down through the sill, to where there is support, then squirt expanding foam through the holes with the sill lifted up and propped temporarily in it correct position, until the foam sets up.

You can later, assuming brick or block below, drill through and use screws and plugs in the countersunk holes and fill them with white silicon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back