Large gap between UPVC window and wall.

16 Apr 2013
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi all,

After trawling the internet for over an hour looking for something suitable, and failing, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me here.

I have UPVC windows in my house that are substantially short of the length of the actual window opening. The gap has been filled with two lengths of UPVC that have a square profile so that it is flush with the window. When we were renovating, the UPVC trim that covered the join between these two pieces and that of the window was thrown away and now I can't seem to find any trim wide enough that will cover the joins. I'd need something about 1200mm wide to cover it and the widest trim I've seen available has been 95mm.

Does anyone know what I could use instead? While looking, I've seen 'reveal liners'. Would they be any good if they were cut to size?
Sponsored Links
It has various names depending where you live, common names are utility board, flat board, soffit board, it's about 8 or 9mm thick and comes in 5 metre lengths and the widths start at 120mm and right up to 250mm

Hope this is the stuff you mean, just Google eurocell and find a local branch to you, they'll have all you need in case the above is not right
Sponsored Links
If you have a local plastic window installer, just ask them for some cover strip the width that you need, they'll probably stock it...pinenot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local