upvc window hinge replacement

20 Jan 2014
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I am about to replace the hinges on a upvc window the original hinges are 18mm wide that sit in a wide upvc track that in turn sits in the window profile slot. any idea what this part is called and where I can obtain them
Sponsored Links
Ebay, Screwfix or any major diy store, They are called friction stay hinges.

Have a look at some of the threads here here about changing hinges (come to think of it we should do a proper thread on it and get it stickyied)

Make sure you get the stack height right or just buy a pair at both 13mm & 17mm stack heights just incase (as its pretty much impossible to tell without taking the sash out 1st)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links