Urgent help before the missus finds out!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a glow worm compact 100e combi in the new house and water pressure was at 0.3 bar. I thought that if I bled the radiators it may increase the pressure Oh my God!! the reverse happened!!!! We now have no pressure at all. How do I raise the pressure? and what do I raise it to?

Wayne M

Sponsored Links
waynemiller said:
I have a glow worm compact 100e combi in the new house and water pressure was at 0.3 bar. I thought that if I bled the radiators it may increase the pressure Oh my God!! the reverse happened!!!! We now have no pressure at all. How do I raise the pressure? and what do I raise it to?

Wayne M

You need to open the filling loop aswell to put pressure back into system, top the pressure back up to about 1.5 bar.

:LOL: if ya take any air/water out of ya system the pressure will drop! somewhere on the system u'll hav a filling loop (a braided hose connecting the c-mains to norm the return pipe) if ya open the valve on the end u'll get the pressure bak in the system. you want about 1bar wen the system is cold and it mite be worth while adding sum inhibitor n all ;)

gas_man_gaz said:
:LOL: you want about 1bar wen the system is cold and it mite be worth while adding sum inhibitor n all ;)

personally i would put 1.5 in for this boiler as the previous poster said these boilers can be problematic at pressures lower than 0.9

Sponsored Links
Just read this post. I would advise you NOT to fill to 1.5 Bar pressure.

If you have bled all the air from the radiators you may now find the pressure rockets up to 3 Bar with the heating on.

Expansion vessels on these boilers are often imposible to pump up and the small amount of air trapped in a radiator cushions the expanded water preventing a high pressure increase.

Fill to 1 Bar maximum and carefully watch the pressure when you turn the heating on. If it gets to 2.5 turn it off or set the teamperature lower.

Hi Gas_man_gaz, Thanks for your help. I have now found the filling loop (Braided hose) and increased the system pressure.

Gasguru, I have increased the pressure to 1 bar using gas_man_gaz's info.

I now have a new problem!!!!!!

After upping the pressure I have turned the system back on in winter mode and where as the system previously ignited I now get a continuous spark for approx 40 secs then the system locks out and a red light comes on!!!! I reset the system and the same happens again

Any ideas Wayne M

Dont worry guys fixed the problem myself!

:D :D :D :D :D

Gas is on a meter and had ran out!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Topped up the said meter and we have ignition !!!!

Many thanks Wayne M

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back