URGENT Help - Electric Shower Low Pressure Light On

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've got a Triton Jade II electric shower just been installed. The low pressure light is constantly on as soon as power is feed to the shower & the water runs cold. The shower is an old one which was installed in my last house & worked fine there. Its been sitting around for about 2 years & now installed having this problem. Can this be a problem with the shower itself or is it in fact the water pressure. The downstairs bathroom taps which run on the same cold water seem to be running fine.

I think I've managed to plumb in the shower to one of the cold water pipe which run from the cold water tank in the loft. This pipe was already in the bathroom running to a sink & also feeding the toilet. If this is the case what can be done without having to rip up all the tiles & stud wall to get to the pipe. Can I buy a shower which will run off the cold water tank at low pressure?

Any advice/ help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy :oops:

Sponsored Links
The downstairs bathroom taps which run on the same cold water seem to be running fine.

you won't tell by eye needs to be checked with a pressure gauge.
I think I've managed to plumb in the shower to one of the cold water pipe which run from the cold water tank in the loft.
the pipe that feeds the ball valve or a pipe that comes from the tank and feeds the taps ?
This pipe was already in the bathroom running to a sink & also feeding the toilet.
is it mains feed or tank fed ?

If this is the case what can be done without having to rip up all the tiles & stud wall to get to the pipe. Can I buy a shower which will run off the cold water tank at low pressure?

mira elite st is one example of a tank fed shower.

if your triton is plumbed to a tank feed it won't work.

Your bathroom is probably fed from the tank in the loft. If you have joined into these cold pipes you will not have enough pressure. Minimum for an electric shower is around 0.5 bar (5meters). You need to connect to a mains pipe. Either the one feeding the tank or from the kitchen sink, whichever is easiest.
To check the bathroom supply, turn off the main stopcock. Your kitchen sink cold will be off. Check the bathroom. If the cold still runs there, your bathroom comes from the tank.
You will need to alter the shower to connect to the right pipe or get a different shower.

I've done what you suggested Tamz & yes your right the bathroom is plumbed into the tank in the loft. When I turn of the kitchen stop cock the bathroom still flows.

Let me get this right so I don't screw it up again.... the tank in the loft I should be tee'ing off is the big one & not the small one that feeds the central heating cylinder... am I correct in that?

Sponsored Links
both tanks are fed by the mains feed to the ball valve.
thats what pipe you need don't matter where you tee off.
just don't use a pipe that comes out the base of the tank.

Thanks Serco Services... can I ask... I've got a pipe running under the floor which appears to come from the bathroom downstairs.. which I'm guessing runs to the tank in the loft..... (i.e. a mains pipe) is there anyway I can check if this is the case?

which I'm guessing runs to the tank in the loft..... (i.e. a mains pipe) is there anyway I can check if this is the case?

guessing can get you in trouble.
only really by following it ect.

how cold is it ? hold a ball valve open see if it gets any colder.

It's very cold... in fact then I saw it under the floor boards it was sweating.... I can try & follow it from the bathroom downstairs but can't be sure it the correct pipe...

Maybe I should just tee off the bathroom downstairs then run the pipe up. I've got to rip out a lot of tiles.... I've just made my life a lot harder....

Thanks for the very help advice mate

No not really cos the pipes would end up in the middle of the ceiling as where the shower enclosure is fitted the ceiling slopes. Also I need to run the pipes behind the shower in order to plumb it in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back