Urgent - need lecol7500 or equivalent in a hurry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in trouble.

This weekend, I've been sanding the reclaimed parquet floor which I've laid.

It's all looking pretty good but I am now at the stage of gap filling.

I had intended to use Lecol 7500 (or equivalent) to fill the gaps. As I understand it, you mix it to a sloppy paste and spread it over the whole floor.

The firm I got my hard waxoil from persuaded me to use a wood filler gel. They said it was cheaper and I would only need a couple of litres. The method with this stuff is to mix it to a putty cosistency and fill the gaps.

I think this stuff is better suited to small scale furniture restoration. It goes off about 30 seconds after it's been spread and it's therefore not covering well. I have used half of my stock of product and have done less than 1/4 of the floor.

Where can I get hold of the right stuff on a sunday? I'm in Essex, and close to London.

Andy.

Sponsored Links
WYL has posted in the past that she only logs-on during work hours, so think reply unlikely before Monday.

Sponsored Links
That's what I was afraid of. I think the stuff I need is probably only available monday to friday.

The sanding machines go back on Monday and I go back to work!

All sorted in the end.

Through a chain of contacts, I found a flooring contractor who had just enough of what I needed.

The second coat of hard waxoil wen on at 3 this morning and it looks splendid

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back