USB Not Working..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have had a problem with usb not recognisng new devices for sometime now. Wizard searches for drivers but never finds them. Devices show in device manager with a yellow ! . All devices that have been working on usb in the past still work ok when connected, problem is just when trying to add new device.I was advised to go into device manager and uninstall drivers for usb ports and reboot pc, i did this but when pc started back up the usb ports did not reload. They also were in device manager with a yellow !
I have found my disks that came with pc and have managed to load drivers. Device manager now shows NVIDIA PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller and USB 2.0 Root Hub as working properly but i still have 2 Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller devices with yellow ! and none of my ports work at all now for any device ..
My pc is from Mesh and is about 5 years old. It's running on XP SP3.
I've been advised to format it but my knowledge of pc's is limited and don't know what to do. I also have the Mesh recovery disk,should i run it?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Try to idenfity the make and model of your system motherboard.

You then need to go to the manufacturers website and download the latest drivers for your system. Sounds like an nforce chipset.

If your PC is 5 years old, it is highly unlkely that the drivers on the original disk are compatible with Windows XP SP3.

Sponsored Links
Try going to microsoft updates,do not use express install, but use custom.
See if their are any hardware updates required.......Just a thought.

I've been on ASUS and NVIDIA but to be honest im not sure what i'm looking for.
My motherboard is an ASUS A7N8X2.0, NVIDIA NForce series 2 ???

Can't find either of these...

Try going to microsoft updates,do not use express install, but use custom.
See if their are any hardware updates required.......Just a thought.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Downloadable hardware updates now, talk about progress :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back