Use inhibitor when draining combi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I have a 6 month old Worcester combi system (repiped and everything). I need some work done on one of the pipes (need it moved a metre due to changes in room). Once the system is drained, will I need to use an inhibitor to prevent corrosion ?

Sponsored Links
it should say in the benchmark book that should have been completed when your boiler was installed which inhibitor was used and how much so just use the same brand and quantity, your is a Worcester boiler and if you look in the installation manual you need inhibitor for your warranty regardless of anyone elses view on whether it works or not

Sponsored Links
If the system is drained then you are also draining the inhibitor so yes you do need to put some back in.
Better safe than sorry anyway so just do it.

Would Worcs staff engineers really wriggle out of a warranty repair ( NOT connected with dirty water ) by measuring for an unspecified inhibitor?

I would doubt it !

For a start its not possible to easily test for "an" inhibitor! its only possible to test for a specific one!

Tony

I have only ever once had to disagree with a worcester warranty decision , a young lad called out to a two year old installation locking out on overheat he changed the pump customer called him back and he said it hadnt been flushed properly I called their office and the senior Tech met me on site next day changed the heat cell on the junior took water samples and I got the complete water sample results via e-mail about 3 weeks later with a copy of an apology letter they had sent to the customer and as a gesture of goodwill they extended the guarantee on the boiler for an extra 2 years and on the heat cell a further 5 years I cant fault the service I get from them on the odd occasion I have had to call them out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back