how to inject corrosion inhibitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please could someone advise how to inject corrosion inhibitor into a closed system (combi). I presume it's through the filling loop and can be done without draining down... but what device is best used?

Sponsored Links
i was lead to believe it goes in through a radbleed valve, what do the instructions say?

unfortunately I have no instructions. I have heard of rad bleed valves being used as access points but they are tiny on my rads so I cannot see this working...

they are "tiny" on all rads, try a seach on these forums, it was mentioned recently

Sponsored Links
Easiest way if you have one is through a towel rail top plug, , or do you have rads with plugs top each end? The commonest inhib you'll see is probably Fernox, which comes with a tube to squirt it in through a bleed valve.
I just bought an adapter in a pl m to connect a syringe to a filling loop, £3.

I wouldn`t use the filling lop because there are ones that have the double checkvalve in the wrong end allowing the contaminated loop that is not removed :!: after use to possibly contact the potable water :( . I`d isolate a rad, drain it and put the stuff into the rad, then refill :idea:

Nige F said:
I wouldn`t use the filling lop because there are ones that have the double checkvalve in the wrong end allowing the contaminated loop that is not removed :!: after use to possibly contact the potable water :( . I`d isolate a rad, drain it and put the stuff into the rad, then refill :idea:

maybe nige, but generally through the filling loop....5 minutes start to finish.

thanks for the replies, I have no convenient plugs so I'll drain a rad and try through the bleed, else the filling loop as suggested.
Have noticed that the label on the container (Sentinel) references a dosing vessel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back