Sealed system inhibitor injecting and new sink Q's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 questions, if anyone could offer me some advice it's be great:

1) I have to re-fill my heating system, and want to add corrosion inhibitor. The system is SEALED though, so I have to inject it via the radiator vent I believe? The problem being, my radiator vents are the in-built type, and not the ones that can be removed using an adjustable. Is there anyway I can inject inhibitor into my system to protect it?

2) I am replacing our kitchen sink at the weekend as it has a crack in it :( It is plastic. I am thinking of buying a stainless steel type sink. The taps, somehow, come through the worktop and are not connected to the sink directly. My questions are:

Are plastic sinks easy to remove? I can't see how they are connected / inset into the workbench, there doesn't seem to be any clips!

Can I get a taphole less stainless steel sink??!

I believe sinks come with sealant strips that protect the worktop where it sits on, and also I should use silicone sealant around the inside edge of the worktop, which will be hidden, but to stop any water over time rotting it?? Is this right??

Last point: Do sink waste fixing kits come with decent sinks? The bit I am thinking of, is the short waste pipe/connections between the middle and main bowl drainers?

Thanks for your advice and guidance.

Jim D.

Sponsored Links
get fernox express and inject via the filling loop.

Sponsored Links
Isolate the smallest rad via the valves and drain rad. remove rad and inject inhibitor, replace rad and open valves. Now top up pressure and run heating for a while to circulate.

;)

You will possibly find the sink is stuck down with silicone so a blade run under the lip should free it.
Yes most sinks come with inserts for tap holes so you can use them either side or just blank both off.

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back