Using a combi boiler in place of sytem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to install a combi in place of a system boiler by doing some necessary changes (plumbing or electrics)
and still keeping the Megaflow, Just curious

Sponsored Links
yes of course it is, but best way to do it is to connect the combi HW outlet to the nearest tap, or to one shower so you dont have to heat the megaflow all the time, but you can simply use it as a system boiler if you want

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Is it possible to install a combi in place of a system boiler by doing some necessary changes (plumbing or electrics)
and still keeping the Megaflow, Just curious
Is this because a combi is cheaper? You could consider an Intergas eco rf boiler too (if you were desperate).

I do not know if they are cheaper, but today I visited one of my friend and whyle I was there my friend had a surveyor from one of ECO4 grant scheme , and the surveyor told my friend that the scheme is only to replace and supply cobi boiler only and not system boiler, but survyor was not too sure about fitting a combi to a system heating was feasable so he told my friend that he was to send an engineer to look at the existing installation.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back