Using a Magnaclense Cleaner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My central heating system is in need of a clean. It was built and then extended at least twice and has been fuzzing up the heat exchanger on the combi boiler regularly. In addition many of the radiators are getting hot at the top and sides with a cold bell curve in the centre.

I have bought and fitted a magnaclean filter and I have also bought a magnaclense cleaner unit.

To do a full clean I understand that I am supposed to drain the system, refill to about half way full on each radiator, then add the cleaner and fit the Magnaclense in place of the filter.

I am then supposed to run the system hot for an hour or so and then shut off all radiators but one, agitate that radiator with the SDS hammer head for about one minute and then open radiator two, shut down radiator one and repeat the agitation on radiator two.

I then repeat this process for each additional radiator.

Then I drain the system, refill and drain again and then add the protector. Job done.

I have a bunch of questions about the chemicals used which I will follow up with, but firstly:

Is the above procedure about right?

Thanks Guys

Sponsored Links
Pretty much.

The only other step I make is when you've done all the rads, open the drain on the magnacleanse, close one of the valves on the magnaclean fitting to force the mains water from the filling loop back through each radiator in turn. You'll know it's working when that rad goes cold. Once the water runs crystal clear, go to the next. You'll be surprised what you pick up.

you would be better off hiring a power flush machine and use it along with the filter, the filter will only remove some of what get into it, the machine will remove alot more due to high flow rates, dumping properly.

use acid if you dont have a alu heat exchanger.

Sponsored Links
I got mangacleanse and it is not very useful on its own. I only use it as an addition to power flushing machine. As above, hire PF machine and use acid (FX2 is good). Best to go to Kamco web site to read how it's done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back