USING GLASS BLOCKS TO LIGHT UP A DARK CORRIDOR.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI I AM NEEDING HELP. I HAVE AN END OF TERRACE HOUSE WHICH HAS HAD A PARTITION WALL PUT AT TOP OF STAIRS TO ALLOW A CORRIDOR TO GET TO BACK BEDROOM. IT IS GREAT BUT VERY DARK, THERE IS NO NATURAL LIGHT APART FROM WHEN ALL THE DOORS ARE OPEN UPSTAIRS. I WAS THINKING OF USING GLASS BLOCKS INSERTED RANDOMLY INTO THE PARTITION WALL HIGH UP SO LIGHT FROM THE MIDDLE BEDROOM WILL GO INTO THE LANDING. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WILL THIS BE ENOUGH LIGHT AND CAN I JUST CUT OUT THE SQUARES AND INSERT GLASS BLOCKS AND HOW WOULD I FIX THEM. SORRY BUT A SINGLE MUM AND NEED AS MUCH ADVICE AS I CAN GET. :D

please turn caps lock off

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo GILLY POPS and welcome :D :D :D :D

have a tap above above the doors listening for a hollow sound

if there is a recess either side above the window theres a fair chance it had a window above the door at some stage and may still have the window but covered over now

the only thing i would add is if you have a recess with a board at the back just be carefull because the board may be touching the glass if its still there so hammer and chisel may break the glass

and capitals is considered shouting :D ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back