Advice on Knock Through

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi DIYers, my question is based on background below and is:

Can I knock out the wall between the bedroom and bathroom and a little of the corridor wall to make the bedroom bigger? Do I need extra support? The bedroom is the same width with the same construction so I’m thinking it should be fine

Background:

The property is a 1 bed flat 2.85m wide in a block. It has two floors and the roof is above it. The bedroom is downstairs and is 2.85m x 2.44m. The bathroom is adjacent to the bedroom and is 1.82m X 2.52m (There is a corridor next to the bathroom to get to the bedroom), and before the bathroom is the front door and stairs.

I would like to make the bathroom smaller and bedroom bigger by about 90cm by knocking out the bathroom wall and a little bit of the corridor. (It’s not a lot but it’s the difference between a big wardrobe and my girlfriend and I walking around each other and walking over each other!).
The upstairs is open plan, no walls in the room.

The flat is red brick walls, it uses concrete lintels (approx 5 X 1.5inch) with concrete slabs on top and finished with concrete floor that they poured and levelled. The bathroom and corridor wall is made of breeze block.

Any advice appreciated!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back