Using headphones with TV Headphone Splitter on TV?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all I just bought a

Hisense 40A4BGTUK (40 Inch) HD Smart TV

and a

UGREEN Headphone Splitter 2 Way Y 3.5mm Jack Aux Adapter Dual Earphone Headset Splitter Male to 2 Female Hi-Fi Stereo Audio Extension

so my missus and I can watch TV with us both using wired headphones. However, neither headphones worked when using the splitter. Only worked when using the headphones singly plugged directly into the headphone socket on the TV? why is that?

So I thought well I will buy two bluetooth headphones and stick in a Bluetooth transmitter into the TV and connect both headphones to the blue tooth transmitter, but only one set of headphones worked. Maybe if I buy another bluetooth transmitter and plug that into the other spare USB port then both bluetooth headphones will work is that right?

Ideally Id rather just use the wired headphones as so much easier, is there no way of using two wired headphones with my TV?

ANy help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Could be impedance ?
you could borrow/ buy two other sets (with a return policy) to test

What about a single hdmi to two hdmi converter, then an hdmi to 3.5mm headphones converter in each?

Sponsored Links
We used one similar to this
AKORD® Gold 3.5mm Headphone Splitter Jack Male to 2 Dual Female Cable lead audio Y-SPLITTER https://amzn.eu/d/eYWeWU4

But with ear buds not headphones.
Maybe amp won't drive 2 lots of headphones but will drive 2 sets of the smaller buds?

We've taken on holiday and used in tvs fine.

so my missus and I can watch TV with us both using wired headphones. However, neither headphones worked when using the splitter. Only worked when using the headphones singly plugged directly into the headphone socket on the TV? why is that?
Does the splitter work as expected when plugged into e.g. an iPad?

Your Bluetooth plan (2nd Bluetooth transmitter) should work. Why didn't the splitter work?- as others, have you tried it on a different source?

Try the splitter and both headphones with another device.

Inspect the jack plugs on all items to make double sure they are all the same spec and size, and are all standard stereo, not the variants designed for phones with extra switching rings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back