Using heavy duty tubular door latches on sprung door handles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Purchased some heavy duty tubular latches on the basis of long life and trouble free operation.
I have now realised that the door handles I purchased some time ago are sprung and the heavy duty latches are for unsprung door handles.

Can anyone point out any disadvantages of using this combination and would the handles/latches still work as they should,

Thanking you in advance.

Sponsored Links
if you have lever handles, I think you will have sufficient strength to open the door without difficulty.

Round doorknobs are sometimes harder, especially if you have wet or greasy hands or diminished grip.

What make are your latches?

Hi John,
Latches are the Altro easy T heavy duty, recommended for their decent quality and price was affordable for me. Handles are Karcher lever on a rose type.
I really just wanted to know if this combination will work okay albeit may be heavier on the hand when opening I assume, at least for a while until they loosen up a bit.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back