Heavy duty 100mm (82mm backset) tubular mortice latches that turn both ways for door knobs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do they exist?

The thing I'm talking about is demonstrated by Charlie Diyte in this youtube video for the 9 seconds between 10 mins 46 secs and 10 mins 55 secs

Basically in this video Charlie Diyte's old low quality tubular mortice latches worked both clockwise and anti-clockwise from either side of the door, but his heavy duty replacement tubular mortice latches only work in one direction. In my opinion this makes them only really suitable for door handles, not door knobs.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
What about standard quality 100mm (82mm backset) tubular mortice latches that turn both ways for knobs. Do they exist? If so, who sells them?

I'm not the first person puzzled by this issue, while googling I found a thread on a different forum from back in 2007. Unfortunately the helpful links provided no longer work here in 2022.

https://community.screwfix.com/threads/tubular-latches-with-door-knobs.19776/

Thanks in advance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back