Using Hive with Logic Heat 15 with Danfloss timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm considering buying a Hive Thermostat and doing self installation.

I'm a bit confused as to which 1 to buy and whether the existing backplate will just work without wire changes etc. Currently I can control HW and CH using the danfloss timer.

I've taken pictures of the current wiring and the timer wire diagram.

Can someone please help me determine whether it's a easy installation ?

Also I've got a danfloss TS2 wired thermometer. How do I remove that ?

Please see all the pictures.

Much appreciated.

Vinny

Attachments

• IMG_0613.jpg
    IMG_0613.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_0612.jpg
    IMG_0612.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_0611.jpg
    IMG_0611.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 378
Sponsored Links
The single channel Hive is for combi boilers, it only has the facility to control central heating. However, as you have a hot water cylinder with timed hot water settings then you will need the dual channel version that is able to control both Central Heating and Hot Water.

Your existing Danfoss TS2 is just a remote sensor that is actually a functional part of the TP9000. It is connected to dedicated terminals 5 and 6 as per the diagram below. Because it is part of the TP9000 as opposed to a separate room thermostat, it can simply be removed along with the TP9000.

Capture.JPG

The remaining wires are moved from the TP9000 to the terminals at the Hive that have the same function, which as you will see from the diagrams above and below correspond numerically also. (y)

Hive.JPG

Can someone please help me determine whether it's a easy installation?
As Hive installations go it's one of the simplest.

Thank you so much for the reply.

I've ordered my dual hive and will install when it arrives.

Thanks again.

Vinny

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back