using hot feed only on washing machine ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We been away for a month. The washing machine is in the shed. Now when i've turned the water back on water is coming out from under the machine.

It is a hot and cold feed but we have only ever used the cold feed.

I haven't had the back off yet but a reckon some internal connector has blown with the frost.

When I transfer the feed onto the hot connector water doesn't leak out.

My question is 'Can you use cold water via the hot feed only without any water inflow via the cold feed ?'

Thanks in advance.....

Sponsored Links
Not normally, alot of machine only call for hot water on the hotter wash settings ie 50 degrees and above.
During rinse and low temp washes water is taken in via the cold fill valve.

You can however change the fill hose and the cold water valve wiring over to the hot valve and vice a versa until you get a replacement valve (on some this is easy to do on other machines awkward, you may also need to change over the hoses inside the machine)

Posting

Make
Model
Product Number (PNC, E-nr, etc)

Helps us to help you with more specific info

It sounds like your fill valve has frozen and split btw, you can access it by removing the lid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back