Using masonry paint on internal walls

Sponsored Links
when i was a kid i would come home from school to find my mum had painted the walls with anything she could find in the shed, at one point we did have papered walls painted with masonry paint.

In fact ive just painted the internal wall of the garage with masonry paint

I wouldnt recommend it on any walls where its gets steamy..most of them have fungi/algae cides in them and that will up up on other surfaces

Dont use the textured one, your walls will be like it forever no matter what you paint over them with and it wont take wallpaper

Otherwise theres no reason why not..and to be honest its a very attractive hardwearing finish

Sponsored Links
I've just finished 2nd coating my newly skimmed room upstairs with magnolia masonary. Obviously I miscoated first. It looks great. If you showed someone a tub of masonary and a tub of matt emulsion, they wouldn't tell the difference. I already had tubs of Dulux masonary anyway, so why spend £35 a gallon for matt emulsion when the end result looks the same!

no idea now what it meant.

maybe pointing to my original reply?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back