Using normal wood primer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm using dulux trade weathershield u/c and gloss on some exterior woodwork,the bare timber that was exposed during the prep work has been primed with normal oil based primer,will this be ok under the weathershield system can anyone tell me many thanks

Sponsored Links
They recommend to put on two undercoating to any primed wood, so yes is the answer to your question.

On the same subject does anyone use the blue preservative primer to spot prime and do you have to use it when using weathershield u/c and gloss

On the same subject does anyone use the blue preservative primer to spot prime and do you have to use it when using weathershield u/c and gloss
you can use it as part of the 3 coat system but not necessary.

Sponsored Links
It's probably a total scam, but bear in mind that Dulux only guarantee their Weathershield system for 8 years (oil-based) or 6 years (water based) if you have used the whole system (ie WS primer onto the bare wood, plus their u/c, plus the top coat). How they would know if you used a different brand of primer I have no idea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back