Using OB1 to seal shower tray and wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I’ve not used OB1 adhesive/sealant before and wondered if it’s suitable for sealing the gap between the shower tray and plastic wall panels? I’m not sure how it finishes off when cured and if it’s any better than silicone?
There’s a small amount of movement on the wall boards (which I can’t get in to rectify) and about 4mm gap to fill.

Thanks,
Dave

Sponsored Links
Gap where? The wall boards should be fitted as tiles would be. The tray fitted and sealed to the wall/floor and then the wall boards are down to the edge of the tray and then sealed the same way?

Hopefully the panels are not all the way to the ground and the tray will then be sealed up against them?

Gap is between the top of the tray and the lower edge of the boards - they’re not resting on the tray, but fortunately(?) are above it and not behind it (i.e tray isn’t pushed up against the boards). There was an edging strip fitted which I’ve removed.

Sponsored Links
My approach when fitting is it would be sitting on top of the tray with a minimal gap.

A good quality silicone should be ok. As long as the the tray is well set in with minimal deflection then there shouldn't be an issue. Is the tray well sealed to the wall (wall type?) and has the wall been waterproofed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back