using patterned wallpaper around corners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wallpapering a bedroom in the house i am using a patterned wallpaper i have been reading up of how to do wallpapering around corner so i had a clue i what i needed to do. What i did was put about 1 inch of paper around the next wall then butted the off cut lenth upto the wall but the pattern is off now. do you allways butt the off cut upto the wall or can you just overlap it a little bit to try and get the pattern as good as possible . All i wanted to know will you always loose the pattern in all corners? or is there somthin i am doin wrong? when the paper over laps the other paper do you just leave it like that or do you trim into both wallpapers then peel them back the butt them both together. This paper has alot of pattern so i think it wont look right if i cut into the overlaped paper. what do you all think is the best way?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
An inch aorund the corner is a bit too much and could leave a ridge behind the next piece..id suggest about quarter of an inch..that way you wont lose so much of the pattern from the next piece..but bare in mind that piece also has to be plumbed into to corner too..so even if you have quarter of an inch of that wste your still going to lose half an inch..

What I do, if theres enough paper is use the next drop (or the one after that if its a drop pattern)..cut it so you are just wide of the pattern and then match it at eye level first then put it up plumb.

It uses more paper but you get a better job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back