Utility room carpet on to concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a small utility room with the boiler and washing machine in it. The existing floor covering is a sort of rubber-backed carpet and it seems to have been glued to the concrete floor directly with no underlay, using some sort of "Evo-Stick" (like) rubberised glue. I was thinking about putting quarry tiles down, but the concrete underneath is pretty uneven and I'm guessing I'd have to get all the remains of the rubberised adhesive off before I could level it?

I'm starting to wonder whether simply replacing the carpet with more of the same is the better option. Does anyone know what that sort of carpet is called? (House is about 20 years old and the carpet is original).

Sponsored Links
If you are replacing the carpet then perhaps cut a piece off and take it to a showroom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back