Utopia fitted bathroom suites pricing question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

This is a bit of a punt but thought I may as well ask.

I am considering a Utopia Bathroom suite for my new bathroom as they seem to have a good reputation. My builder is arranging the fitter so I need 'supply only' and have been offered 20% off the published price by a local authorised supplier.

Anyone in the trade know if 20% off is as good as it gets with Utopia? I am finding other brands (possibly not as good quality) can give massive discounts but not so much with this stuff.

My builders preferred supplier does not do Utopia so can't help me.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
How do you know that they have a "good reputation"?
A quick visit to their site shows typical stuff to be found at most any retailer's. Just basic.

Note that there is no so called set retail price - they price for what they can get out of you - esp where sales people are involved.
They offer 20% of nothing - & so do all these kitchen and bath joints.
Its up to you to stand up and get a price you want not what they want.

A retailers near me was having a "MASSIVE CLOSING SALE - 80% off" for 10years. Go figure.

Sponsored Links
We all like to get the best quality for the least cost,

You mention they seem to have a good reputation, internet reviews or word of mouth from customers who have been using the suites ?.

Have you actually seen the suite you are interested in,ie get in the bath,inspect the finish,test thickness of material is it even,inspect reinforcing areas of the bath,are they made in the uk (many will state this but make epic mistakes),warranty of their products ,are all the necessary connecting items/trims/panels supplied,a few more but you get the idea.

Buy decent tap's not chinky copys as spares when they are required a few years on,will not be available.

If you buy the suite then you will be the person responsible to deal with the retailer in the event of current claims/future warranty claims.Your installer may exchange items you get exchanged under warranty but for a fee.So if the installer supplies the suite then installer is responsible.

You will have to be present when the suite is delivered to check condition,check before fitting as some retailers wont discuss damage after fitting.

So see the suite before purchase and make sure what they deliver is what you were expecting.

Pay what you think reasonable.

Edit,my target price for a basic suite is £450

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that these suites with a supposedly good reputation haven't previously been heard of by four professional installers on here! Company has been going since 1993 though so maybe we've just missed them....

if they were that good i would have heard about them,i fit 3 or 4 bathroom suites per year as part of property renovation.

Maybe they just make some of their sales items and import the others, dont know,dont care. If they want to contact me as a future customer i will talk to them only if they can offer a 30 year warranty on their products.

There are two stockists locally, so have seen a fair bit of it. Quality wise its better than a lot them, but at a price

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back