utube for tv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How can i receive utube on my tv via my Freesat box without subscribing to the film and sports package. the box is connected direct to my pc router, and i can display the utube logo when the box is set to webb, i have tried connecting my ipad to the box via the usb with no luck. i am not signed up to utube but have no problem receiving it on my pc

Sponsored Links
My tv is a Sony smart tv and has a built in app.

But you could try an hdmi output from your iPad direct to the tv.

Cheap secondhand chromecast, firestick, etc will get you yuotube and more. [abou t£10]

Send it from your phone to TV, just connect TV to wifi. Chromcast etc

Sponsored Links
As long as your pad and tv and both connected to Wi-Fi you can pair them with a code.

Then use the pad like a remote control selecting videos to play on tv.

It’s good

Over the years I have had boxes and TV's with many options to connect to many systems from BBC iplayer to Utube, the problem has been although they may work when bought, then the rules change, so they no longer work.

However it does not matter what the main use of the device is, the internet option is normally an extra, be it a sky+ HD or a free to air HD box, or a blueray player, or a DVD recorder, the internet is an extra. There are boxes today designed to receive internet content, but not actually designed for Utube, that is still an extra.

So I went to find a box for my mother to watch old black and white films on Utube as she liked talking pictures that much, the first unit I got was from PC World, however when I came to use it, it required me to enter in my bank details before it would do a thing, and there was no way I was entering my bank details so a woman with alzheimer's disease could run up a huge bill in error. So I returned it and went to Maplin, the free to air satellite box worked for about a year, then some change resulted in loss of internet channels. Still works with satellite, but not internet.

Then the first of three TV's with internet, one was smashed with a vacuum cleaner when the handle fall hitting screen, but other two have continued to work with internet and Utube, one also has free to air satellite although rather poor with many channels missing, but Freeview and internet may be received on the same device, but they are not connected.

My new laptop has HDMI so the best way to watch Utube is likely an old laptop plugged into TV. If you give make and model it is possible you can watch Utube direct. But if you want a time tested method, then the PC is best option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back