"UV Light Cure Glue" - is it useful or just a gimmick?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've seen these pen-tubes with a little blue LED which claim to be better than superglue and judging by the photos can stick/repair everything (obviously to be taken with a pinch of salt!).

http://ebay.eu/2mBkuzW - UV glue pen

The other day I met someone from our local "man shed" who recommended them and said he always carries his with him.

What I'm wondering is, with that little low-powered LED (UV or whatever), is this stuff at all effective? One seller even says "leave item in sunlight for 10 hours after glueing" - that sounds more like it - at least the good old sun has a bit more power than a key-fob LED...

Also some seem to be selling the glue with a "UV torch" or "laser pen" which of course makes it look more "professional" (I suppose we could use the UV torch to check banknotes when not glueing everything to everything else - although the advice at that link advises against it).

Anyone else used them, got a favourable (or otherwise!) opinion to share with the community?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
superglue and activator works in about 10 second
no mention off amount anywhere

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back