vailant eco 832exc or baxi duotec 33GA or WB greenstar 37cdi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been recommended the 3 above by the gas engineer.

fitted prices
Vailant £1620 cash
Baxi £1410 cash
Worcester £1600 cash

This is without a power flush as he doesnt have the equipment, and he'll be doing it at a weekend as he works for a company during the week.

My question: Which to go for and is the price reasonable ?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Firstly, is he indepently GasSafe registered? If working under his companys' registration he is working illegally and won't be able to register your installaation.

Secondly, a powerflush is not 'needed' just because you have the machine - if the system is dirty it NEEDS cleaning. Your warranty can be void if caused by system debris.

Thirdly, why the Vaillant Exclusive? The 38Kw version is good for cerrtain applications, but the Ecotec 831 is about a hundred quid cheaper and far more reliable. Wocester and Baxi both have a good reputation.

Hi
Yes he's independty registered, i've checked. so that's ok.

The exclusive is just the one he's quoted for. I told him i didn't want the ecotec pro but would have a plus, and he came back with this.

I've no idea how dirty the system is to be honest.

Thanks.

Kev.

Sponsored Links
Personally Vaillant every time, I have the exclusive 838 but got it cheap as a stock clearance deal. Would have got the ecotec 837 if not.

Intergas Combi Compact HRE 36/30, especially if he's fitting it to a potentially mucky system without cleaning it, as they're more dirt-resistant than many other boilers.

Is he an approved installer with any of the boilers you've suggested? If he is, you'll normally get a longer warranty on them, but only if he fulfils the warranty conditions in the first place

Intergas Combi Compact HRE 36/30, especially if he's fitting it to a potentially mucky system without cleaning it, as they're more dirt-resistant than many other boilers.

Is he an approved installer with any of the boilers you've suggested? If he is, you'll normally get a longer warranty on them, but only if he fulfils the warranty conditions in the first place

are parts not hard to source? only what i've read, although i know they shouldnt need them!

No issues with getting parts, as you say they shouldn't need them but chatting to Bill & Mark (Intergas Sales and Business Managers) last week, Platinum 5 installers will very soon be able to purchase direct from Intergas. Everyone else will have to go through the normal routes of going to merchants, which naturally will take a bit longer but it shouldn't be a huge wait, and I can see Parts Centre taking an interest and some stock in the near future as they grow in popularity. There's not a lot to go wrong on them anyway, they have far less parts than most other boilers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back