Vailant ecotec 418 F83 and F72

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted a few new radiators and valves today after draining the system. When I was finished I refilled the system and then bled all the radiators.

Turned boiler back on and if choose HW I see F83 and if I choose CH I eventually see F72. The boiler was working perfectly fine until today.

I thought some form of air lock but not sure what else I can try. Is there something else I can do? Or is it engineer time. Any help appreciated isolating with no heating kind of sucks.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Dry fire - not usually good. Bled the pump? Isolation valves if fitted open?

Dry fire - not usually good. Bled the pump? Isolation valves if fitted open?

I turned the screw on front of the pump and water came straight out no air. All valves are same as before I started. I can usually hear water going into the boiler when turning the HW or CH on. I can hear nothing. The boiler is coming up 4 years old and been serviced every year never had a fault.

Well, the boiler has "detected" that there's no water circulating around it, hence the code. Must be something amiss, and you can't hear water in it, possible valve(s) shut somewhere

Sponsored Links
Well, the boiler has "detected" that there's no water circulating around it, hence the code. Must be something amiss, and you can't hear water in it, possible valve(s) shut somewhere

I agree, can’t work out what though. No valves were turned off other than the radiators that I was not replacing. The Mrs is going to be unhappy without heating think I will just need to call someone to come look o_O

Does the boiler have an auto-vent on the top of the boiler that is closed or blocked?

Andy

Hi Andy I forgot about the magnaclean filter on top of the boiler I have just bled that and now I can here water flowing. However on the vailant screen I can see the symbol to show call for heat I can see the temperature currently 18 and a flashing egg timer symbol. I can hear water flowing through everything but is not doing anything else.

After leaving it for a while the timer disappeared and the hot water heated. Have just tried the heating and that is now also working fine. Thanks for the help all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back