S-Plan with no Bypass

In a simple mode the boiler does not know where its heat is going to.

But under some controls the boiler can give a higher flow temperature when only heating water.

We don't know exactly which boiler type you have yet.

To y

Sponsored Links
It is the stainless steel exchanger.
Is this good or bad news for a boiler that needs the overrun but has no bypass installed?

Btw... I tried to run the HW+CH at the same time and then stop them suddenly to see if I could force the F72 error but no luck (i.e. it keeps working).
Either I'm barking up the wrong tree... or it's too warm outside to get the boiler to work hard enough to cause the fault.

Its more likely to work hard when heating a cold tank of water.

I think you are lucky with that HE. The new one has only been around for about a year and so rather untried. Your type has been out for over 10 years.

The makers say yours must have pump over run.

On the later alloy HE they say you don't need over run but some have found it faults if it is not fitted.

My view is that it reduces thermal stress having over run.

Manufacturers like to say theirs do not need it because it makes some installation jobs easier when there are not enough wires between boiler and pump.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Its always full but if you hold off reheating it then it will be cold after you have used some water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back