Vailant EcoTec 615 System Boiler - Water Temperature?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how to turn down my water temperature on this boiler? When I turn my hot tap on the water is boiling almost immediately.

I have the manual but it doesn't say how to do it.

Also, the boiler seems to keep firing up for no reason, when this happens there is a flashing radiator symbol, is that normal?

Any information would be much appreciated please.
Boiler.jpg

Sponsored Links
You have a system boiler, so that doesn’t control the hot water temperature. With the information that it’s keeps firing up, I’d say you have a stuck microswitch on a motorised valve, which is likley the cause of intermittent firing and hot water temperature hotter than usual. Check your cylinder thermostat too make sure that’s set correctly (approx 60 degrees) and make sure the immersion heater is turned off.

As above, also, the 615 Ecotec Plus states that the water temperature may be changed, 35C/65C, in d.6, you should be able to change it at the boiler display with those 4 buttons, 77C seems quite high, if 65C is the max then the burner should cut out at 70C.

Thank you both for your helpful replies. I did try and google the information but all the advice I found seemed to be for combi boilers.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Have you got vaillant controls? (The bit you set your timings on.) If you haven't then altering the temperature on the boiler will have no effect. The hot water temperature will be controlled by a thermostat on the hot water cylinder.
If you don't have a full Vaillant system the boiler doesn't know whether a demand is for water or heating so will flash the radiator symbol whether it is doing water or heating.

Uncommon but there may not be a cylinder stat, the cylinder then runs at the boiler water temperature but obviously check for cylinder stat+setting (usually 60C) and by turning it up and down (you will hear a click each time) check that the motorized valve is opening/closing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back