Vailant ecotec Plus 438 - slow house heat up - Please help - bucks

Sponsored Links
Yep he's a decent engineer.

Princes Risborough is just inside my patch but I'm a booked until the last week of November.
Hi Dan, could you quote for a low loss header install for november? Sounds like I'll need to find someone else to fix the existing plumbers work and rectify current issue in the meantime, but I think some bigger independent feeds with a low loss header is the right way to go

Probably best to give me a call ... My company Web address is in my profile and the number is there, albeit missing the first 0 apparently :confused:.

(y)

Sponsored Links
To help others, the dramatic amount of cycling you see in this video was caused by a "faulty" pump.
I hadn't noticed as this had been getting "gradually" worse over the last 4 years, which is when I inherited it.

The pump sounded and appeared to be functioning fine, but it obviously was not operating "as it should". As you can see from the video it was also sitting in S7 (pump over run) and this now explains why.

I replaced it with a "dab - evoplus 80/180m pump". Even when limiting this pump to a 2M head the boiler cycling stopped (it just modulated), so it had an instant fix.
The daily F23 fault codes stopped and incidentally one of the reasons for this fault states "blocked/faulty pump". This provided further confirmation

Thoroughly impresses with the dab - evoplus 80/180m pump. It has a max output of 8M, I have set this on a 'proportional pressure' setting. This modulates the head (which can be displayed via the LCD) to the pressure it requires, so it's not constantly running at 8M when not needed.
From reviewing it appears tol operated between 3-6.5M, depending on requirement. With this pump the boiler is running at a full 38KW and no S23 or cycling observed. The rads are now finally all getting hot in minutes. I have never heard the boiler and pump raw so loud as they both crank up to full power.

I have a 22MM flow from the boiler that T's in to two pipe runs. A central heating run with 28MM -> 22mm, with 15mm radiator tails. The other T goes in to a 22mm hot water run to the airing cupboard. This contains 3 zones; hot water, an extension zone (5kw) and an UFH zone.

I will clock the boiler down for the summer setting to 15-20kw, as it will only be heating the 300L water cylinder.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back