Vailant Ecotec Plus central heating - radiators not hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wondered if any kind person out there could help me with a problem I'm having with my central heating. We have a vailant ecotect plus combi boiler but when I put the central heating on the radiators are only ever warm. I've got the thermostat turned to the max and the radiators don't need to be bled. I pressed the i and + button together and set the d.0 to 23. What am I doing wrong? Also, what function does pressing i and - have?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
what was d0 before you set it,what controls you got ,has it ever worked ok

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure what it was before I set it. When I pressed i and + together it just said d.0. It did work ok last winter, yes.

In terms of control we have the two temperature dials (one for water, one for radiators), a pressure gauge and then the reset, +, - and info buttons.

Sponsored Links
so no time clock/roomstat/weather comp.when you set d0 to 23 did you hold the i button to confirm. im not trying to be funny but it doesnt sound like you have any idea what your doing and playing with your d codes can mess your boiler up . read the manual first.have you changed anything else?

From memory pressing the buttons together allows you to access the fault code history.

What type of controls have you got? If you have a Vaillant ebus control, such vrc400 or vrc430, the radiator temp is managed using a weather sensor.

Why did you change the heating part load? (D0 23)

The ! is an information button

Will the boiler stay lit when heating is selected?

Turn the heating knob on the boiler up do the numbers change in the digital display?? If they don't you have snapped the knob which is common they r fragile

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back