vailant ecotec plus, no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

iv been to look at above combi, the hot water does not get hot and the rads get hot if you ask for hot water,

is this the black motor on the end as it doesnt seem to move the pin when i checked it, i, only had a few minutes there ,

i was told that the diverter is one full assembly and cant get just the motor
is this right? also anyone know how much the diverter cost,

the housholder also said the boiler had a code f. 1 come up which is dhw
ntc in the book , would this have an effect on the diverter motor?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
F1 is not DHW NTC in my book.

If a DHW NTC were failed open circuit then I dont think the boiler would run at all in DHW mode.

Easy enough to measure the DHW NTC resistances.

It sounds more likely to me that the diverter is jammed.

But we dont know if the actuator is trying to move the plunger. You can unscrew the actuator and see if the plunger is jammed and operate the boiler with the motor removed and see if the shaft moves.

I would be more comfortable helping you in the Combustion Chamber.

Tony

hi tony
i unscrewed the dv and pushed the pin it moved pretty freeely, i would have presumed the actuator pin would move when dhw called for when unscrewed even , am i right or wrong in that presumtion,

it didnt move tho.
thanks for replying

Did you check the resistances of each NTC with the boiler cold?

There are all sorts of reasons for boiler faults!

I would feel far happier if you posted these questions in the combustion chamber. You project an image of someone who does not know how to diagnose faults on boilers but still tries thus inconveniencing the customer.

Tony

Sponsored Links
i told customer to phone Eaga or whoever put boiler in as it should still be under warranty.

they did and ,,,,wait for it ,,,it was the ,,,,,PCB according to this person as he saw them changing it.

symtoms were of a classic DV failure though:rolleyes: i never would have thought PCB, good job for them it was under warranty

your,e not a phsychologist in a disgiuse are you mr T
thanks Tony

The diverter valve motor is driven by pulses from the PCB.

Its rare that part of the PCB fails, but I had to replace one last december for that reason.

There was an error in the logic which decided when the diverter valve should be moved.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back